Lilium (Mix Color) – Bulbs (set of 5)
Lilium is a genus of herbaceous flowering plants growing from bulbs, all with large prominent flowers. Lilies are a group of flowering plants which are important in culture and literature in much of the world.
True lilies belong to the genus Lilium and grow from plump, scaly bulbs. They are magnificent flowers that command attention wherever they are planted. Lily flowers are valued for their very showy, often fragrant flowers. The 6 plain or strikingly marked tepals (“petals”) are often trumpet-shaped, sitting atop tall, erect stems. At home in both formal and naturalistic settings, lilies also most take readily to containers. They all make wonderful cut flowers. By carefully blending early, mid-season, and late varieties into your garden, you will enjoy their bewitching blooms and seductive scents from spring through frost.
- Plant bulbs in autumn. Loosen the soil to a depth of 12 to 15 inches. The deep planting encourages the developing stem to send out roots to help stabilize the plant and perhaps eliminate the need for staking.
- For dependable blooms, lilies need six to eight hours of sunshine a day, yet they prosper in the presence of other low plants that protect their roots from drying out.
- Grow in soil enriched with leaf mold or well-rotted organic matter.
- In active growth, water freely, and apply a high potash liquid fertilizer every 2 weeks.
- Keep moist in winter.
- Apply a thin layer of compost each spring, followed by a 2-inch layer of mulch.
- Water plants in the summer if rainfall is less than 1 inch per week.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
No. 287, 8th Avenue, Seashore Town ,
SH 49, Near Bharat Petrol Bunk,
Panaiyur, Chennai – 600119.
There are no reviews yet.