Hymenocallis littoralis, Spider Lily (White) – Bulb (set of 5)
The flowers of hemerocallis resemble daffodils, with a central cup surrounded by petals that are typically narrower and longer than those of a daffodil. The color of the flowers is usually white, though some are cream or yellow. The blossoms are intensely fragrant, especially after dusk. Hymenocallis have long, strappy leaves like amaryllis. The leaves typically emerge first, followed by the flower stalk with a cluster of 3 to 5 buds. Overall height including the flowers is about 2’ tall.
At home in both formal and naturalistic settings, lilies also most take readily to containers. They all make wonderful cut flowers. By carefully blending early, mid-season, and late varieties into your garden, you will enjoy their bewitching blooms and seductive scents from spring through frost.
- Plant bulbs in autumn. Loosen the soil to a depth of 12 to 15 inches. The deep planting encourages the developing stem to send out roots to help stabilize the plant and perhaps eliminate the need for staking.
- For dependable blooms, lilies need six to eight hours of sunshine a day, yet they prosper in the presence of other low plants that protect their roots from drying out.
- Grow in soil enriched with leaf mold or well-rotted organic matter.
- In active growth, water freely, and apply a high potash liquid fertilizer every 2 weeks.
- Keep moist in winter.
- Apply a thin layer of compost each spring, followed by a 2-inch layer of mulch.
- Water plants in the summer if rainfall is less than 1 inch per week.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
No. 287, 8th Avenue, Seashore Town ,
SH 49, Near Bharat Petrol Bunk,
Panaiyur, Chennai – 600119.
There are no reviews yet.