You are here: Home1 / Shop2 / Bulbs by Name3 / Other Flower Bulbs4 / Rajnigandha, Tuberose – Bulbs (set of 10)
Rajnigandha, Tuberose – Bulbs (set of 10)
If you’re a gardener who loves scent, you’ll flip for tuberose. This bulb produces tall flower spikes with numerous tubular blooms and a fragrance that is rich, sultry and seductive. With Mexican origins it’s not hard to understand how this plant is ideally suited to warm weather gardening, but northern gardeners with a warm sunny site can grow tuberose, too. Give your lots of tuberose sun, heat and time. You’ll get back beautiful blooms with fragrance fit for the gods.
- Choose a location where the soil drains well. If there are still water puddles 5-6 hours after a hard rain, scout out another site. Or amend the soil with the addition of organic material to raise the level 2-3 inches to improve the drainage. Peat moss, compost, ground bark or decomposed manure all work well and are widely available. Tuberose will not thrive in waterlogged soil.
- Site your tuberose where they’ll they’ll receive full sun. In very sunny, hot areas light shade is also fine.
- The tuberose bulbs we sell are actually nice clumps of multiple bulbs. Plant the entire clump with 2-3″ of soil above the top. Place clumps 8-10″ apart.
- After planting, water your tuberose generously to settle the soil around the bulbs. Roots and top growth will form within a few weeks. Water regularly during the growing season if rain does not occur regularly; 1-1.5″ of total water per week is a good general rule of thumb. Tuberose plants are heavy feeders and appreciate applications of 8-8-8 fertilizer while they are actively growing.
- Water periodically during the growing season if rain does not occur, keeping in mind that weekly deep waterings are better than lighter drinks every day or two. Total water (rain and irrigation) of about 1″ per week is a good general rule of thumb.
Category: Other Flower Bulbs
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
No. 287, 8th Avenue, Seashore Town ,
SH 49, Near Bharat Petrol Bunk,
Panaiyur, Chennai – 600119.
There are no reviews yet.